Re: patching binaries at install time without breaking rpm -V?

On Tuesday, 20 December 2005, at 16:28:46 (-0800),
Christian Goetze wrote:

> I really wished that software writers would use the equivalent of
> perl's FindBin construct to construct their internal search paths...

If you would like to propose a portable method of obtaining the path
of the invoked binary 100% of the time (i.e., argv[0] and searching
$PATH are OUT), I'd like to see it.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>
 "You are waiting on a beach.  This is where the East meets West.