Re: How to pass command line argument in RPM installation

On 10/13/05, Brijesh Singh <brijesh.ksingh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a RPM file. I wish to pass the command while rpm installation and %pre reads this command line and does the action as required.
>
> # rpm -Uvh abc.rpm <command line>
>
> Any pointer on this is appreciated.

That is not supported but what you might do is set an environment
variable and then call RPM and use this in your scriplet.  Better
IMHO, would be to use a simple config file, that the %pre script knows
to look for.  Config file could simple be a shell script that sets
environment variables, and then the %pre can source this in.

Cheers...james