Re: avoiding conflicts with %config

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:16:39PM -0400, Will Harris wrote:

>  I am not sure if this is possible, but I am trying to find a way to
> make a custom package with a set of (edited) config files and security
> changes. However since these config files belong to other packages (ssh,
> xinetd, selinux, etc) I get conflicts. I can force it, but then
> upgrading the package becomes another hassle.
>  I'm wondering if there is some macro I am missing that will let me
> install my config but not cause the conflicts for the original package
> on update. I would not mind if I even had to reinstall my custom
> package. Does anyone know of any trick to accomplish this?

Let your custom package include files in an own directory:

  %files
  /etc/custom/sshd_config

and use trigger scripts to replace the original files with your
custom files, e.g.

  %triggerin -- openssh-server
  cp -a /etc/custom/sshd_config /etc/ssh/

Now after every install/upgrade of openssh-server (or at the moment
you install custom -- when openssh-server is already installed), it
will replace the sshd_config file with your custom one.

Hope this helps,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx>