Re: How to query for full name for required packages

try "rpm -qa <foo.rpm>"

Panthini

Andreas Radke wrote:

I want to list all required packages by their name before installing
some rpm. I have found "rpm -q -R foo.rpm". But that only tells me alle
required files.

Is it possible to display the required packages by their real name?

I am using Mandriva so I have rpm, urpmi and smart.

Andreas Radke

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipients only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege of eInfochips Ltd. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly Prohibited from retaining, using, copying, altering or disclosing the contents of this message.