Re: How to query for full name for required packages

Rafael Garcia-Suarez schrieb:

>On 10/3/05, Andreas Radke <a.radke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>I want to list all required packages by their name before installing
>>some rpm. I have found "rpm -q -R foo.rpm". But that only tells me alle
>>required files.
>>
>>Is it possible to display the required packages by their real name?
>>

>Your question is not clear. -qR will list every single dependency. A
>depedency may or may not correspond to the name of an RPM, because an
>RPM can provide other dependencies than its own name. (Example, on my
>system "rpm -q --provides wget" lists "wget", "webclient" and
>"webfetch".) Some other RPM package might only require "webfetch" and
>not wget at all.
>
>If you're on Mandriva, "urpmq -d" might help, although I'm not sure to
>have understood your real problem.

urpmq -d gives the right pakage names.

When I do a

[andyrtr@workstation i686]$ rpm -q -R mozilla-firefox
gtk+2 >= 0:2.2.0
indexhtml
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
bash
perl-base
libart_lgpl_2.so.2
libatk-1.0.so.0
libbonobo-2.so.0
libbonobo-activation.so.4
libbonoboui-2.so.0
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)

that brings only the file names. Because I want to make my own ISOs I
want to know all needed packages before. I would have to urpmf each
file. I were not able to get "rpm -q -R foo.rpm | urpmf" or something
like that to work.

But "urpmf -d" is good enough for that.

Thank you.

Andreas