Re: How to query for full name for required packages

Why do not you try install the rpm first?
If it has any dependences, they will be listed.

[]s

On 10/2/05, Andreas Radke < a.radke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to list all required packages by their name before installing
some rpm. I have found "rpm -q -R foo.rpm". But that only tells me alle
required files.

Is it possible to display the required packages by their real name?

I am using Mandriva so I have rpm, urpmi and smart.

Andreas Radke