Building rpm-4.4.1 requires HAVE_BEECRYPT_API_H??

Hello, I'm trying to build rpm-4.4.1 - everything works well until it tries to build rpmio whereupon it fails because I don't have the beecrypt package. I issued a standard ./configure - when I look throught the source, I find

in rpmio_internal.h the following lines.

#if HAVE_BEECRYPT_API_H
#include <api.h>
#else
#include <beecrypt.api.h>
#endif

Presumably, it is correctly detecting that I don't have beecrypt api (ie HAVE_BEECRYPT_API_H = 0) but the preprocessor clause asks that I include beecrypt.api.h when I don't have it..

Am I doing something wrong here or do I need to pass something special to indicate that I do not have the beecrypt package installed.

Thanks a lot

Krishna