Info regarding system tray icon with rpm

Hi All,

The query may not be entirely related to rpm but some amount of.I have
developed an application using rpm which I would like to put it in the
system tray as an icon so that I don't have to type each time on the
command line to invoke that .At the same I would like to have
something like this,depends on the application status I would like to
change my icon in the system tray as well,as an example when we
connect to the yahoo messanger we get different color icon in the
system tray (smiley)at the same time if you sign-out the color will be
changed right.I have seen some JAVA api's for this but need something
with out any java.

Can somebody help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Shekhar.