include external file in %pre section

Hello folks,

We have a RPM which contains a database application which needs to update the
database structure. We do this from the %pre because the database should be
updated *before* the new application is installed.

The new structure is stored in an external textfile which is used by the %pre
script. At this moment we have a
cat > newstructure.txt << @EOF
@EOF
construction in which we copy the content of newstructure.txt each time we have
an update. But we'd really like to directly include an external file, something
like:
%pre
cat > newstructure.txt << @EOF
%include db/newstructure.txt
@EOF

Is something like this possible with RPM? We can't use files from %files because
we are at %pre and we can't use %post because then the new application code is
already installed.

TIA,
Dick