unix shell wouldn't show up

Hi Guys,

I know it may not be a right place to post this
problem and ask for help. But, I did not find a proper
unix mailing list yet. So, I hope that I can get some
help from this mailing group.

We have a sgi unix machine, and when individual users
or even root login, and click on "open unix shell", it
just blinked for a while, then nothing happened. We
don't know what is going on. The workstation seems
normal except for this strange problem. What should I
do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Dr. Weidong Hu
Immunology Division, BRI, City of Hope