Re: rpm exit codes

man, 18.07.2005 kl. 21.15 skrev Matthew Miller:

> > > Is there a defined list of the exit codes that rpm will return based on
> > > the type of error it had?
> > Normal shell scripting.
>
> What do you mean by that?

The whole %install routine gives access to a shell environment. You have
complete access to the shell error codes and can test for whatever OP
wants.

>  Many programs return meaningful error codes to the
> shell -- look at rsync, for example. RPM's return value is certainly "normal
> shell scripting", but unfortunately except in some very specific instances,
> the actual exit code isn't particularly helpful.

I haven't had that much experience with rpmbuild, but looking at some of
the "heavy" specs I've used and adapted (e.g. Postfix 2.2 and Courier
IMAP amongst others) there's plenty of scope for building in the tests
and errors that OP wants.

--Tonni

--
mail: tonye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx