Re: perl conflict advice

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 10:48, Paolo Campanella wrote:
> Thanks - that helped. I use cpan2rpm, and after reading your references,
> it occurred to me to check if the author had also been through a similar
> train of thought, and he had ;)

Although cpanflute2's approach looks cleaner to me (cpan2rpm installs to
arch-specific while cpanflute2 uses site_perl), so I'm definitely going
to try cpanflute2 as an alternative for this job (the devil I don't know
;)

The main reason I haven't tried cpan2flute2 before is that it was so
hard to find in the past that I presumed it was not very actively
maintained. The situation has not changed much - it's still a bit rough
that one has to trawl through mailing list posts to find the sucker -
try Googling for "cpanflute2". It would really benefit from a
home/project page somewhere. Future readers of this archived thread: try
"RPM::Specfile" instead.