rpmbuild "resume"?

Hi!

During the past few days I've been learning to write my own specs and
create RPM''s. I've mostly found what I needed to know around the web,
but I've got one question:

When creating/testing a .spec, are there any standard tricks for
"resuming" an RPM build that failed for some reason?

I've just finished pacakging up a rather large development library
which takes about 25 minutes to build and doesn't have standard "make
install" functionality which meant I had to do it myself in the spec.
Along the way I got some "installed but unpackaged" errors and such
after the build, which meant I had to fix those in the specs and then
rebuild the entire thing to see if I got it right this time around. It
would be so much easier if I could just comment out the %clean part
while creating the spec and in a situation like the above just do
something like "rpmbuild -ba --resume-at-install something.spec". Is
that possible in any way?

Cheers,
--
Tarjei