Re: Adding more data at a later time

Sudeep_Das@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a client server product. The client is packaged as an rpm. The
> client, upon installation , needs to know the servers ip and port number
> to connect to.Till now, we got this from the user interactively in %post
> .

Oh, that is not good.  Installations of rpms are by design meant to be
non-interactive.  Better to gather that information in a post
installation configuration script.

> Is there a way by which this information can be added to the rpm in the
> field without recreating the rpm ?

You really should not be trying to modify the rpm in the field.  You
really should not be trying to include local customizations in the rpm
package.  The rpm package should be *the same for everyone* and so
customizations should go into configuration files and either be marked
as a %config(noreplace) file so rpm knows this or handled outside of
rpm entirely as a customizable configuration file.

Bob