Question about odd RPMs, i.e. Grub

Hello, all -

I have a specific question regarding GRUB.

I'd like to know how, and when, GRUB is installed, and set up.  I've
plowed through some recent GRUB spec files for RHEL and the like, but
have found no answers.  At this point, I'm convinced that Anaconda
"knows" about grub, and proceeds to set it up after GRUB is installed.

I need to append some arguments to the kernel line of a grub.conf that
is to be installed.  However, I can't tell at what point, or where for
that matter, grub.conf is iether created, or "lives" post-anaconda-install.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-dant