Re: Newbie trying to build a binary RPM

--- Marco Colombo <rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You're right, for setuid, you can usually set it
> (but how about /var/tmp
> or /home partition mounted nosuid,nodev for extra
nosuid not prevent suid bit from been set, it just not
honored when such program is run.

> security? Even more if
> it's NFS mounted...) but it won't be retained on any
> following copy. I'm
> not sure you can create a suid executable owned by
> you, list it as
> %attr(root,-,-) in %files, and get it suid in the
> rpm. I've never tried
> to actually. And I'd call that a really bad
> practice, it's much better
> to put all the info in one place (%files) for
> readability.
I like set permission in the install section and in
files use (-, owner, group), or usually just
%deffattr(-,root,root) and no %attr.

Sometimes 'make install' used for installion (not
whole world build from rpms :( so i want my 'make
install' as close as possible to install by rpm.

But it's more matter of taste, i think.

Valery

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html