From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of James Olin Oden
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 6:24 PM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: Re: RPM chokes when "running preinstall script"

On 5/16/05, Aizer Danny-BDA023 <Danny.Aizer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well - we've figured it out: /var/tmp directory was missing (it was
> there
> previously, but was mistakenly deleted).
>
> It seems that RPM creates the temporary scripts for sh to run under
> /var/tmp.

Yes it does.
> Can it be changed to use /tmp ?

Don't know, but if you look in lib/psm.c at the runScript(s?)
function, in there it makes the  call to create the tmp file for the
scriptlet.  That is an internal function, and you can find it
somewhere in the source.   Looking at that function should answer your
question (I'm a bit busy on non-rpm stuff, otherwise I would look for
you).

That said, it sure would have been nice if rpm would have generated a
more meaningfull error (or any for that matter).   You might consider
creating a bugzilla report for that purpose.

Cheers...james