Re: rpmbuild failing

Alexander,

yes buildroot is set in the .spec file, but the problem is that buildroot as specified belongs to root, and I wnat to build as non root

I tried two experiments,
1)Simply setting a short .rpmmacros file
2)Editing the default .rpmmacros file

to get any building to work, one must edit the default  .rpmmacros

So here is the top of .rpmmacros file
%buildroot      /home/rcblach/redhat/var/tmp/%{name}-root
%_usr                   /home/rcblach/redhat/usr
%_usrsrc                %{_usr}/src
%_var                   /home/rcblach/redhat/var

by the way, yours worked also, if it is prepend to the .default .rpmmacros file.

So there must be macros in the .rpmmacros file which are necesssary.

Chip