Re: Package building environments

On Tuesday, 26 April 2005, at 09:24:51 (+0100),
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> What means are people using to build clean packages (especially for
> rpm based distributions which are not the primary ones running on
> your own boxes)?

Mezzanine (http://www.kainx.org/mezzanine/) makes it very easy to
build RPM's in a chroot jail, build as an alternative (non-root) user,
create patches, manage packages in revision control, and so forth.

Though geared toward cAos, the document below provides an excellent
tutorial on getting started with Mezzanine, building packages in
various environments, and so forth:

https://wiki.caosity.org/tiki-index.php?page=Package+Maintenance&bl

HTH,
Michael