subpackages with different architecture

I am building packages with a cross compiler, target arch != build arch.
These packages are build using 'rpmbuild --target armv4l'. I also have included '%ifarch armv4l' in the spec file so that a build without the appropriate armv4l switch will fail.

This confiruration works fine and produces the appropriate architecture rpm files always. In some cases some packages have to be linked against shared libraries. So when I build a library I have to create two versions, one with a "armv4l" architecture to be installed on the target system and one with "noarch" to be installed on the host on a non standard location (/opt/something). Packages using this shared library will use the path on /opt at compilation time.

To do this, I have two RPMs, one for armv4l and one for noarch. The first one produces the target RPM, while the second one produces the host rpm. The issue here is that these spec files are almost identical, apart from the different installation path and the file list (host rpms keep all libraries and include files). Is it possible to produce both these packages with a single build (as subpackages)?

It is not that obvious how one can build two subpackages with different architecture. Ideally, I would have one spec file for all architectures. So for instance when I build with --target sparc it would produce a sparc package and a host package, with --target armv4l it would produce one armv4l package and one host package.

--
Angelos Manousaridis