Re: %files -f and %defattr

On 4/12/05, Daniel Kegel <dkegel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.rpm.org/RPM-HOWTO/build.html says
> %defattr affects files lower in the %files section.
> It also says that the -f option to %files lets you
> specify a file of files.  Since the -f is inevitably
> above the %defattr, it seems to follow that %defattr
> has no effect on files listed in the argument to %files -f.
> Truth or fiction?

Your correct the %defattr in you %files will not affect the -f file's files.
That said, anything you can put in %files you can put in the -f file
including %defattr.  You can also use %defattr multiple times (I
typically do this and have all my executables with one defattr and all
my libs and docs with another).

Cheers...james