Re: rpmmacros and srpms

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

pardon if this is naive, but could the rpm macro file be added in the src dir, listed as a src, then 'directly' included?

I thought once you were inside the specfile processing
instructions it was "too late" to add something like
this?

Many packages change the macros for post processing (stripping binaries, compressing manpages) inside the spec file.

Now, this is common with RH-based distros. I'm not sure if the versions of rpm used by SuSE and Mandrake also allow that as I've never used them.