Creating dependency in rpm

Hi all

>From sometime i am working with rpm spec file, but today i am stuck up
with one problem which is in my specfile i want to mention few
dependencies in that
Let me try to explain my point taking a simple example :

say i have a two software of my own A and B.

B is optional s/w which may or may not be already installed on box but
when i try to install A on that box then it should fst check for
presence of B . if B is not installed then no problem but if B is
already installed then A should install only when latest version of B
is already installed say 3. i.e

it means A should install in two conditions
1. B-3 is installed
2. B is not installed

now please tell me solution for that as i cannot use require tag , now
i what i should use triggers or some clean way to do this with
%policies or any thing else

thanxs for any or some help
Shweta