Re: regarding %pre section during an rpm upgrade

Yeah. That's what I thought too. The server that I'm developing an async server (based on Twisted) and scripts are commonly forked out using exec. In this case, I might have to stop my server first.

Many thanks,
Liming

Jason Pyeron wrote:
nope, the file can be unlinked from the filesystem (deleted) and the open file handle of the service will still be valid, until stopped.

when you restart it it will use the new files