find-requires script

Hi all,

I do RPM packaging for some time and this is my first post here.

For some reason rpmbuild scripts do not generate the dependency I need (and
I don't want to strip binaries too).  It's for packaging something like a
compiler.  So I do the following in spec file:

%define __find_requires %{nil}
%define __find_provides %{nil}
%define __spec_install_post %{nil}

This works for some time. But when the problematic dynamic libraries are packed in sub package, seems that RPM still run the /usr/lib/rpm/find* script and generate a lot of dependency that I do not want.

So is it a behaviour that we cannot change the find-* script by macro in
subpackage?  Will it be fixed or any workaround?

Thank you very much.

Ricky Tang.