RE: RPM Dependencies

How about using 'ldconfig -p' which lists all shared libs the system knows
about and assume that all other intra-external-library dependencies are
taken care of?

Anyway, I'm going to make a perl script to wrap rpm -i so I can check for
unknown dependencies and then fail to install only if there are still
unsatisfied dependencies.  I'll use the '--nodeps' option if I can find all
the required libs through 'ldconfig -p'.

I would love to convert to packages only but I'm stuck with lots of locally
installed stuff from the old:

  tar xvzf foo.tgz
  cd foo
  ./configure
  make ; make install

routine and don't have time at the moment to package everyting, so a wrapper
will have to do for now.

If anyone is interested in my 'installrpm.pl' let me know.

Tom Browder