Re: rpm --addsign seems broken

On 12/10/2004 05:34:16 PM, Paul Nasrat wrote:

IIRC that package is built with rpm 3.x which you can't --addsign, I forget you may be able to --resign

I think --resign and --addsign are functionally identical in current rpm.

However - I'd recommend using the a sane (http://jpackage.org) JDK
built
on a modern rpm system and get the benefit of FHS compliant packaging,
alternative JDKs, many packages, etc. See the non-free section and
also
http://jpackage.org/rebuilding.php

I'm actually using jpackage and loving it.
They have a package that sets up the sun rpm to work with jpackage that works quite well. But if I can't add a signature on the Sun provided rpm then I have to use one of the jPackage nosrc.rpm's to create the j2sdk. I was hoping though I could just sign the Sun package and then use the java-1.4.2-sun-compat from jpp