Parsing Spec file

So I'm writing a piece of software that parses a specfile for both the
required inputs and produced outputs, basically so I can build a
Makefile dependency file that says build these RPMs if any of the
sources change.

The easy bit is parsing the inputs - I can now query a specfile and
get a list of all the sources, however I'm having problems with the
list of packages built.

If I do

  rpm -q --specfile kernel.spec

I would expect to see something like

kernel-2.4.27
kernel-source-2.4.27
kernel-BOOT-2.4.27

etc

However this list doesn't take into account any variable settings. For example

%ifarch i386
%files source
/list/of/lfiles
%endif

and I do

  rpm -q --specfile --target i686 kernel.spec

I don't expect to see kernel-source listed, that's the goal of my
application. I understand that the list of files that make up the
sub-package may not be available until everything is built. But that
shouldn't stop RPM from expanding macro definitions during the listing
of packages produced.

The question I have is "is this level of API available via the library
or am I basically going to have to recode everything under parseSpec()
?". If it is available are there any clue pointers, I've played around
with the obvious structures and can't see any indication of what I
might use"

Thanks

richard.