Installing updates

Hello all,

Good morning, I am new to Linux world and I need help from you guys. I am
using RHEL ES Ver 3.0 on Compaq DL360 Generation 1 server, this server is
used as web server (Xiatmi web server). OS on server was installed about 7
to 8 months back and from then I haven't updated the server with any
updates. When I used the up2date feature for the first time last Friday, I
found that due to my negligence that there are 462 updates and bug fixes for
this model server with this OS.

Now my questions are:

(1) I have only downloaded the updates but not installed, is there any GUI
tool that is available in the OS to install the updates? I have used the
option download only, but not install in the up2date configuration and now I
don't know how to install them.

(2) There are bunch of kernel updates, if I install the kernel updates, will
the server configuration needs to be re-done?

(3) Please suggest me as what is the best way to install this many updates
by not losing the configuration, Thanks.

I really appreciate your help, Thanks in advance.

-SN