From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Richard Dawe
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:50 PM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: RE: Help on RPM packaging !!!

Hello.

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:54, Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10) wrote:
> > If you have no Makefile in EPS, don't run make in the %build stage.
>
> Thanks for your valuable inputs.   I do have a makefile in EPS

Then you need to install make. Looking at the rpmbuild log, you also need to
install, binutils and the various gcc packages. What those packages are
called depends on your OS. I'm using RedHat Linux 8.0 and I have these:

gcc-g77-3.2-7
gcc-c++-3.2-7
libgcc-3.2-7
gcc-3.2-7
gcc-gnat-3.2-7
gcc-java-3.2-7

> > I have a couple of other suggestions for when you've got your build
> > working: Use a buildroot and don't go via /home/pradeep - use the
> buildroot instead. This will allow >    > people without permission on
> /home/pradeep to build EPS.
>
> But after posting the previous message, I made a few changes to the
> previous spec file and I am attaching the new one with this message.
> Now I am using the %setup macro, but I am getting a different error.

See above.

> By the way by buildroot do you mean via /usr/src/redhat.....

No, I mean the thing you set using the BuildRoot directive, i.e.: this:

  BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root

But don't worry about that for now. You should get your package working
under /home/pradeep and then think about BuildRoots and installing in the
usual system locations like /usr/bin, /usr/share, etc.

Regards,

--
Richard Dawe
Software Engineer - Mail Engine