Re: How to expand the macro in rpmrc

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Jason Luo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I konw I can use "rpm --showrc" to view the macro in rpmrc. But I hope
> to get the value of macro in rpmrc. How to get it?

I don't understand fully wht you are aksing, but if you just wanted
just see the value of a macro you can do:

	rpm --eval '%{some_macro}'

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers...james

P.S. You can also do this from perl via RPM2 and I would guess you can do
the same thing via the python rpm bindings.

----
This message has been scanned by BitDefender
and found to be clean.