Depending on Perl modules

If I package a Perl application which depends upon external modules
should I be checking if the modules have been installed outside of the
package system or should I just be declaring them as dependencies and
dying if they are not found?

I know it's possible to not depend on them, have the application install
easily and let Perl go bang and tell them when the modules are not found
at run time but this seems a little harsh. While this will allow the
application to work if they have installed them outside of RPM (via perl
-MCPAN for example) if it does die due to missing modules it could cause
a fair bit of confusion.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand