Antwort: Re: Request for comments on binary RPM patch packages

Hi,

I think the approach from Darryl is a good way to do patches as long as rpm
can't do it.
I will have a look at this, because we have rpm-packages around 70MB and a
smaller patch rpm
instead of the whole amount would be great for us here.
But I agree, that the problem with the remaining patch-package after
uninstall of the main package
is not very nice. Perhaps this could be solved by triggers, but as far as I
know, there aren't any - sadly.

best regards,
Johannes

PS: What's the way SuSE does it?