Re: RPM %post dying - pthread, fork, execve

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Panu Matilainen wrote:

<snip>
> It should be rpmtsSetRootDir(), not rpmtsRoot() which is for *getting* the
> current root :)
Sorry, I knew that (not that I realized I had oopsed though (-;).  Fixed.

> Also setting rpmtsSetVSFlags() isn't mandatory for the
> transaction to succeed, if not called the defaults will be used. IIRC that
> is.

I changed it to list that as something you may want to do.  I did look
under rpmtsCreate and it does not actually set the vsflags, but I know
other places in the code (and defintately not always), things like this
will be initialized to a default if they have not been set.  When I get
a moment I try to create a simple c file that runs a transaction and see
(no pun intended) if what happens when I omit this.

> Hmm.. would be nice if we had some *tiny* examples of using rpmlib from C,
> along the lines what's in Paul's excellent rpm-python slides. Sure the
> information can be dug out from rpm's or apt-rpm's sources but neither are
> the easiest reading there is in the OSS world :) I'll try to come up with
> something one of these days unless of course somebody beats me to it.

In the sources there is the examples directory which last I checked had
some broken examples (-;   Though they may have been fixed by now (I
checked in 4.2).  I don't think there was a simple upgrade, install, erase
type example.  If you have one Panu, I'll be happy to put it into the
HEAD.  One of these days I am going to get back to rollback stuff, but
till then I can be of service in small ways like that.

Cheers...james