Re: Convert rollback RPM into full RPM

On 07/28/2004 02:08 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

No conversion is possibly in general, as a --repackage is "best effort",
there can and will be missing files, changed permissions, more.

Go find the original packacge is my recommendation.

I thought the whole idea of the rollback RPM was to capture the state of the system before the RPM was installed, to allow restoring the system to that state at a later time should the upgrade be found to have a problem.

If there is no way to *apply* the rollback RPM, then it is useless.

Insofar as I can tell, there is no way to invoke the RPM library routines to process the rollback RPM.

I don't want to recreate a package that can be applied to other machines - I want to create a package that can be applied *on the machine that created it* to undo an upgrade.