Should %doc files be checked for dependencies?

I'm trying to package some example documentation/configuration files
for the Postfix MTA.  Some of the examples include perl scripts,
including perl scripts which themselves use perl modules.

These documentation files/directories are tagged as %doc in the file
list, are not in /usr/bin or any "binary" directory) but find-requires
appears to be including these dependencies into the rpm.

This I don't want as there are no DB_File rpms for my target
platform(s) including Enterprise Linux, and in any case these
"dependencies" are not in any of the run-time scripts.

IIRC there is no way to explicitly avoid a specific RPM generated
dependency, disable all dependency checking.  AFAICS the only solution
is to write my own find-requires (or find-requires wrapper) which avoids the
generation of the unwanted perl(DB_File) dependency.  Both alternatives
appear to be rather unclean.

Am I missing an easier way of avoiding this unwanted dependency?

Is it correct to check dependencies inside the specifically tagged
%doc sections of the %files filelist?

Thanks for any pointers/thoughts,

Simon