Re: Specifying soft links in RPM package

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 01:29:45PM -0500, Kamal Hussain wrote:

> If I have a soft link in the build root, it looks like RPM resolves it
> and pulls in the actual file to the package but this is not what I want
> rather I want to defer the linking to the installation time.

If there is a symlink in the buildroot, (only) that symlink is put
in the final package.  I'm very sure, I use it all the time, so if
you saw something different, something went wrong there.

If you want to convert those package specifications, you should
create (in this example) symlinks test1 and test2 in the buildroot
and include all three (test, test1 and test2) in the %files section,
without any further difference, and this should have the desired
effect (test is a "real file" and test1 and test2 are symlinks).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx>