questions about upgrading with rpm

Ok, I seem to have messed something up with a package I am updating.

Package foo has been replaced by foobar. The foobar package provides foo. So, thinkin that I was doing this right, I added these lines to the spec file

Obsoletes: foo
Provides: foo

Now... I am having issues because it looks like other packages that compile against or use foobar are finding files from foo......

So how does one cleanly upgrade a package when the package name has changed but the package still serves the same function?

Cheers

Mike

--
Never under estimate the bandwidth of a 78 chevy and a box full of hard drives!