Re: Updates for RH9.0

James Olin Oden wrote:

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, cslyon wrote:

I have been looking for RPM updates for stuff like perl and sendmail. I have
noticed that the RH9.0 RPM builds are pretty scarce or am I missing
something. Is that it is "end of life" so does that mean no more updates? I
did try to use the Fedora stuff but no dice. Please forgive me if this has
been posted before but I am just catching up and have been given a bunch of
RH9.0 machines to admin.

Don't take my answer as authorative, but yes RH 9 is EOL at the end of this month. That said, Progeny, and perhaps others are picking up the slack by providing errata for RH 9. There service is for a fee, but I will tell you this from actually being their customer, these guys are great. Another option, that may be available, is there was some sort of movement by some Fedora associated group to produce packages for legacy/EOL products. Don't if that is viable or not (it would be great
if it was, but you'll have to google around, or perhaps some kind soul
that knows about the state of this will chime in).

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/