Re: Installing RPMs via kickstart vs. installing on existing serv er

Piela, Ben wrote:

I appreciate the replies to my question.  What I was concerned about was
having RPMs that might contain a %post or a %triggerin that stops and starts
a service and if that service being stopped could potentially screw
something up during a kickstart.  In particular, we have created some

That's more than just kickstart - it applies to any 'rpm --root' type of installation.

I have raised this subject on the list before because we use it a lot with the s390 port (because we can grab the disks of another Linux server and mount them to install packages). I decided to write my own %post script such that I check for /proc being mounted - which is not in a chroot environment).

Rob