[tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: directory-symlink or triggers]

Hi

Resending the message:

I need to allow upgrade of package foo version 1 to version 2. In foo-1
there is a dir /dir whereas in foo-2 /dir is a symlink to /dir-relocated
 .

[ note to self: a \n.\n terminates a message ]

The problem is , of course, that rpm fails when it tries to unpack foo-2
. It seems to be a known problem.

I have the following limitations:

1. I cannot change nither foo-1 nor foo-2
2. I can only use the command 'rpm' itself, and not rpmlib directly .
3. I would very much like to avoid adding a manual execution of a
command before I run the rpm command.

What can I do?

One thing I thought about was to install beforehand a third package with
the appropriate trigger scripts for this upgrade . However I see no
option to add a trigger that will run before foo-2 is unpackage (no
equivalent to a %pre script) .

BTW: Is there any way to give rpm a replacement header when installing a
package? e.g.: rpm -Uv --add_header 'Requires: foo_2_fix" foo.2.1.i386.rpm
where foo_2_fix is a package I add with the relevant %pre script ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
mailto:tzafrir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       +---------------------------+