From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Hatle
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 12:42 PM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: Re: Install sequencing

You can add --percent if you want a _LOT_ of status information.. just be aware that is produce an insane amount of status. (Best if captured and interpretted by something else.)

--Mark

Aaron Hanson wrote:

Yes; all the run-time dependencies are correct. The reason I like breaking things up into multiple rpm transactions is because it provides more progress information to stdout and stderr. If

I remember

correctly, even 'rpm -Uv' is very quiet for a long time if it is working on a large set of packages....

-Aaron