Re: Conditional dependancies

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 23:38, Jos Vos wrote:

> But these "conditionals" will be evaluated at build time, so they
> apply to the build host, is that ok?  You could then do something
> like (untested, YMMV, but you get the idea):

No, I need them to relate to versions on the target system. Build is
only done once. I want my package as a kind of "level set" so it would
pull in any other packages at the correct level.

> Well, you could let the preinstall script fail, but this is dirty
> and absolutely "not done" I think.

I was hoping for a defined interface where the preinstall script could
refuse installation. But doing my check there would not prevent a
package of incorrect level to be installed later.

Rob