how to cross compile a src rpm for ppc?

  (i emailed someone about this already but i figured i might as well
embarrass myself in public.)

  how can i simply cross compile a src rpm for PPC?  i've got the new
"red hat rpm guide", which makes perfect sense when it tells me that
i can use "rpmbuild" and that i can specify "--target=" for the architecture
("ppc-linux"?).  i was aware of that already.

  it also tells me that i need the appropriate toolchain, which i have
(in fact, i have two working PPC toolchains that have been cross-compiling
programs nicely for a while, and a third toolchain that i'll be testing shortly.)

  what it doesn't tell me is how i point "rpmbuild" at the appropriate
toolchain.  surely i'm missing an obvious option.  can i do this directly
via an option or env variable on the "rpmbuild" command, or do i have
to install the src rpm and "configure" and "make" in the source
directory?

  it's the first time i've actually tried to cross-compile an RPM, and i'm
not finding how to identify my toolchain for this.

rday