Re: installing a PPC RPM on my local system (just for a test)

Once upon a time, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>   why did the chroot() call fail just because i was a regular user?  i gave,
> as an argument to --root=, a directory for which i as a regular user have
> full permission.  is there something about running a chroot()-based command
> as non-root that causes it to fail?

Yes, you cannot chroot() unless you are root (for security reasons).

Trying to install for a different arch is not likely to really succeed
anyway, as all the %pre and %post scripts will fail (if they run in the
chroot, they'll try to run binaries for a different architecture).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>