cross package issues

I have been compiling cross packages for ARM some time now.
Recently I am trying to find a more elegant way to do this, since until now It was all done with dirty hacks.

I created a /usr/lib/rpm/armv4l-rpm-linux/macros file and changed some of the defaults there. I also hacked some scripts (for striping etc.) and installed them in this dir.

Right now the new rpm building system works pretty well with:

rpm -ba --target armv4l foo.spec

What I want to do now is to force a package to be built for a specific target architecture, and ONLY for that architecture.
I found no related tags for the spec file preamble to do this. There are tags for restricting the host system, but none fot hte target system.

I want to build a spec file for which, on a x86 machine:
"rpm -ba foo.spec" fails, and
"rpm -ba --target armv4l foo.spec" succedes.

the ifarch macros work for this, but having the whole spec file nested in a "ifarch armv4l" structure sucks.

Moreover, I would like the --target armv4l directive to be *inside* the spec file, so that "rpm -ba foo.spec" would be equivalent to
"rpm -ba --target armv4l foo.spec". Again, I found tags that define the *host* system, not the target system.

--
Manousaridis Angelos