Re: rpm warning

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
>
> > Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> >
> >> when I do rpm -qa it writes me warnings like this:
> >>
> >> warning: package glibc = 2.3.2-101 was already added, replacing with
> >> glibc <= 2
> >> .3.2-101
> >>
> >> This happens for several RPMs.
> >>
> >> Please, say what this means.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> > I've updated RH9 -> FC1 and have a number of troubles: cvs doesn't
> > work, for example. I suppose that there is some relationship with
> > these warnings...
> >

> You've specified glibc multiple times on the command line, probably
> because there are both i386 and i686
> packages and you are using a wild card. There are important differences
> between i386 and i686 glibc, only
> the i686 package has NPTL.

Hey Jeff,

I get this exact same warning when using rpm with my autorollback patch.
I think your explanation explains why.  What might I do to get the message
to go away?  Just as a brief re-cap of what the patch does, it builds a
rollback transaction as it is running a transaction.  Each time something
sucessfully installs/erases that package (or header) gets added to the
rollback transaction.  If I have no failures I discard the rollback
transaction, if something fails I run it.  Anyway, so I have two
transactions instatiated at the same time in librpm, and I suspect from
what you said this is where the funny little warnings are coming from.
So again, what might I do (or what code might I read (-;) to aleviate
these little warning messages?

Thanks...james