Re: determining target name and version in a trigger

I decided to script my own test. It seems, though, that I can have only one
trigger for a given package; is that correct? I wrote two packages that each
have a trigger for kernel-smp, but only one of them goes off when I upgrade
kernel-smp.

Thanks,
lars

>From Jeff Johnson <n3npq@xxxxxxxxx>, Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 07:36:46PM -0500:
> Lars Damerow wrote:
>
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >I'm trying to build an RPM for a kernel module that can rebuild itself
> >when the
> >kernel is upgraded. Using a trigger is the obvious choice, but the process
> >would be made much cleaner if the trigger script could determine to which
> >version the triggering package is being upgraded.
> >
> >Is there a sanctioned way of doing this?
> >

> With rpm-4.2.1, you should be able to access the database from the
> trigger script, so all that is needed
> is extracting the correct package from the results of a query.
>
> Note that 2 kernel packages will be installed when the trigger runs, rpm
> does install before erae.
>
> A more portable solution will require you to script your own test.
>
> 73 de Jeff

lars damerow
button pusher
pixar animation studios
lars@xxxxxxxxx

"Everywhere I go, I'm asked if I think the universities stifle writers. My
opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best-seller
that could have been prevented by a good teacher."
                                                    Flannery O'Connor