Re: rpm on FreeBSD and Solaris

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003, Tracy Bost wrote:

> I see that SCO is a sponsor.
> I wonder if they will want to start charging royalities for it.
> [...]

Why do you think that a company like SCO has any kind of influence on
an Open Source project (and even its users like you) just because the
company once has gifted to the project a free OS media kit and related
licenses in order to allow the project to port their software onto this
OS? I think you have already read a little bit too much about the silly
SCO vs. Linux lawsuit and so deduce the wrong things. OpenPKG has as
much relationship to SCO as you have relationship to the pope after you
once visited a catholic church...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                       www.engelschall.com