Re: Problem with nVidia MCP51 HDA

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 22:08 -0600, Jason Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently purchased an Asus M2NPV-VM mainboard. I'm using the
> on-board sound with HDA turned on in the BIOS. The problem that I'm
> having is that when I try to change the volume using Volume Control
> 2.16.1 or any other change the audio stops even though the player shows
> the audio still playing. The only way to be able to hear audio from the
> speakers again is to reboot. If I stop the audio before changing the
> volume then restart the audio I still hear audio. I've done a couple of
> quick test with both XMMS and mpg321.

Trying using the swiss army knife of audio applications... mplayer.
It'll work when everything else fails. If it works, then there is a
setup problem elsewhere. I use KDE, so I go into the control center and
dink with audio/sound settings there. Then I use Kmixer to adjust the
settings. Also, when I first fired up the Soundcard Detection thingie,
it listed my web camera, no fooling! Clicking on that bar also gave me
the correct device that I have installed to use, so I selected that and
everything is peachy. I thought that strange. Maybe check that first!
Ric